Eco friendly cork floors are available in a wide variety of colours, patterns and textures. Cork floors are excellent thermal and noise insulators. They are also very comfortable to walk on because of cork’s air-filled cellular structure. The Eco Floor Store has a large selection of both glue down and floating eco cork floors.
Cork Eco Facts
- Cork flooring is made from the bark of the cork oak tree. The cork can be harvested every ten years. Once harvested, the bark regenerates itself and the tree remains unharmed.
- Cork oak forests are found mostly in Portugal and Spain.
- Cork is antimicrobial and anti-allergenic. It is also resistant to mold, mildew and insects.
- Cork is naturally fire resistant.
- Cork is low in VOC emission.